Sunday, February 19, 2012

Step by Step....

Well 4 more projects done....woohoo!!! I saw this on pinterest which took me to the etsy site so there weren't any step by step instructions on how to do these so I figured it out on my own!


Step 1. Cut out letters on my cricut - over and over again till I got the spacing right....ha! I used cardstock.


Step 2. I used a 12x12 sheet of paper to go by since I was going to do these on 12x12 canvases.



Step 3. Paint the canvas, I just used a foam brush for this. I didn't like the the color of purple so with the 2nd coat I mixed in some black and loved the color much better!



Step 4. The part I hate.....gluing everything down! I just used a glue stick. I had adhesive spray but I had never worked with it before so I didn't try it.



Step 5. Paint it with mod podge in MATTE! I don't like glossy things but if you do then get the mod podge glossy. I invested in a good brush.



Step 6. Don't freak out like I did with the 1st one it will dry CLEAR! I put 2 coats on and let them dry in between. The first one I did I have drip marks on the top b/c I couldn't see them till I went to mod podge the sides and it was almost dry already :(



Step. 7 ENJOY! These are the 4 I did with different colors and styles.












No comments: