Saturday, July 9, 2011

Celebration of Eva Marvene Crilow!

I am very blessed to have had my Grandparents in my life for as long as I have. My Gpa Crilow died Oct. 8, 1999, Gma Immel July 6, 2006, Gpa Immel Aug. 31, 2008 and now Gma Crilow July 9, 2011. I was the closest with my Gma Crilow and will always remember everything she taught me (well except crocheting!) and all the times we stayed with her and Gpa on the Farm! I've dreaded this day but yet I knew over the last couple of years that Gma was ready to go. With her eye sight and hearing failing she had some long lonely days I'm sure! She lived a long wonderful life and I'm so happy to have called her my Grandma!


Some pictures of my visits to Gma Crilow in her later years:


Meeting her Great-Granddaughter, Avery Elizabeth Proper, 3 days old, 6.18.2007. One of the reasons I picked the name Avery because the 1st 3 letters of her name is EVA backwards :)






Her last Christmas that she could travel (2007). Gma with her 2 eldest grandchildren and 2 of her great-grandchildren.




Gma with 6mo old Avery.




Gma also got to come to Avery's Baptism in Aug. 2008 (not sure why the camera date says 2007).




A visit in Oct. 2008.




She just loved when we would come to visit.





We visited Gma and had lunch with her on her 94th Bday. 3.27.2009.








In Aug. 2009 with 3 of her great-grandchildren.












Visiting Gma in the Hospital on Feb. 6, 2010.






Helping Gma celebrate her 95th Bday! 3.27.2010.












Giving her words of wisdom.




The last picture I have of my Gma b/c she didn't want me to take anymore pictures of her when I visited....said she didn't look fit btw she did! Oct. 30, 2010.




BTW she is 95 1/2 yrs old in this pictures (10.20.10)and STILL has lots of black hair....thanks for the great genes on the hair...I'm 41 and still no gray :)




March 27, 1915-July 9, 2011. I did get the see her on her Birthday, March 27, 2011 and tell her our good news of my pregnancy. She is so worried about my health but assured her EVERYTHING is going well so far. On a side note in one of her memories to me she wrote her mother was 41 when she gave birth to her (Eva)! WOW! That was ancient back then for childbirth! Gma was the youngest of 8 children. My last visit was Thursday, July 7 and it literally took my breath away when I walked into her room to see her so lifeless, she didn't respond to me. I know you got your wish Gma just hard for those of left behind. Hugs and Kisses.....till we meet again!

No comments: