Saturday, August 1, 2009

Avery's Big Girl Room!


The lovely border that was in the room. When we moved in Julia and I took it off and I can live with the wallpaper that is on the walls. We had to strip every room in this house....well I should say every room needs stripped but we got so burned out some of it will stay! They wallpapered all the closets so this is taken in her closet....I'm not about to strip the closets yet!


Avery wanting to help mommy clean her new room.


My inspiration.....over a year ago I found these shower curtains on clearance at Target for $9.99 each and loved all the colors. I made them work with shower hooks that I found and it was exactly what I had in mind at Kohl's!


The lamp, shade and blocks I painted.


Sorry these are blurry but when I turn my flash off I can't get a clear picture :( The frames I put polka dots on....don't inspect to close....lol!



Over the door holder.


Another over-the-door holder it's for baby dolls and accessories and well Avery doesn't really play with them but it was on clearance and had polka dots :)


My 1st attempt with a glue gun. I glued brown ribbon with pink polka dots on her letters.


The dresser. My Great Grandpa's.


Wall decals



Night stand

The bargain bed skirt :)


Her hamper...hot glued some ribbon on to add some character.


Her rugs. Just need her quilt and like a different headboard yet.
Finally after moving Avery over to her Big Girl Room on July 14th....she finally slept the longest stretch last night from 9:30-6:30am!

No comments: