Monday, August 30, 2010

Pre-School!

I can't believe Avery is going to Pre School!! I decided to send her at 3 yrs of age because I know she is ready. I chose Tri County Pre School/Training Center and picked her to go to Millersburg Elementary. My only concern was it is 2 full days 9am-2:45pm (Mon & Wed). The State requires a rest time of 45 mins. and I had a few other minor concerns so I had asked Miss Keely if I could bring Avery to see her classroom and meet her before the first day. So last Thurs. morning we headed up to the Millersburg Elementary School. What is also cool is Keely and Josh graduated together and I use to play with Keely's older sister a long time ago :)

I guess I dressed Avery perfectly :)

Avery didn't hesitate when she met Miss Keely, Avery asked to shake her hand and said "nice to meet you!" :) She also didn't hesitate on exploring the room!
Miss Keely showing Avery the play ground.

Doing puzzles.


Showing us where Avery's locker is. Avery didn't want to leave!
The BIG day arrives! Avery slept great.....from 9:30-8:10am!!!! She was SO excited this morning to go to school. She was however a little mad that she isn't riding a school bus!
It was to be 90 degrees today and I had a cute cotton sundress and flip flops but at 11:30 pm last night I remembered they had gym and Monday was gym day so I switched her outfit.


She is so proud of her backpack! I even got her a smaller one and it's still huge!

She then wanted to put on her sunglasses :) She's too cool for school!

She still looks sleepy but she was excited!

Walking up the stairs to her classroom.


Ready to go in! She told me she was going to give me a big bear hug and kiss because it was going to be a long day and I would miss her! I had to track her down and beg for a hug and kiss.....she could have cared less I was there - which is a good thing!


She headed straight for the table to play! I didn't even get teary eyed. I was excited and nervous for her.

When I picked her up she was so quiet and wanted to lay on the couch when we got home. Miss Keely said she had a great first day, she didn't sleep, raised her hand and waited her turn to talk (we've been working on that), didn't eat much lunch but the highlight was throwing it in the trash and LOVED the playground! She is mad because she can't go back tomorrow! I'm so glad and hope she keeps up the great attitude towards school!

2 comments:

grannybee1950 said...

she will love school, if her first day was any indication! now I wonder what Josh is feeling?!!!

Jody Proper said...

Josh doesn't say much - guy in him. I know he's a proud Dad though :)