Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Another Change.........

8.31.09: Well how does one begin such an emotional Aug. it has been.......after posting my pregnancy I started spotting on Aug. 15th and gradually over the weeks to come it got worse so I got blood drawn and an ultra sound on Fri. Aug. 21st which really didn't give me a solid answer....and then Fri. Aug. 28th the cramping started and I just thought "oh no NOT again!!" Went to the Dr. today and got another ultra sound and heard the words NOBODY wants to hear "you are going to miscarry"....I knew when I went there that was going to be the outcome but still to hear it from the Dr. was (who was my last hope) crushing. I miscarried before Avery so I wasn't naive this time around but still I had hope......just this time around was so different. With the first one yes I was naive I had no clue what was happening and it happened so fast not this time......the baby quit growing at 5 weeks and one day......I was 8 weeks and 3 days when it finally happened. I was told since we were leaving on vacation Sept. 4th I should get a D & C since the Dr. didn't know when I would miscarry and I had a day to think about it. I just prayed that I would miscarry and not have to go through that procedure yet.......and later in the day nature took its course. I will still have to give blood before I leave and then again when I get back to make sure my levels are back to zero then they will know everything has passed.

I know God has a plan for our lives we just don't see the big picture or know what it is until later and I know when you miscarry something is obviously wrong....none the less it's tough! Then I think how truly blessed we are if I didn't miscarry before Avery well then there wouldn't have been Avery! Can't imagine life without her so I'm hoping for the next time that will be the result too!

Thank you to everyone for your support and encourging words during this time in our lives!!! We are truly blessed with a great family and many, many, many friends!

UPDATE 9.02.09......well I had to make another unexpected trip back to my OBGYN today to make sure everything was out and good news it is and this means I won't have to havea D & C now before we leave or when I get back NOR will I have to have my blood drawn on Fri. morning before we leave NOR do I have to go to my follow up appt. on Sept. 22. Praise the Lord! Next time I need to see him is when I get pregnant again.

2 comments:

phdrwd said...

I'm so sorry, Jodi and Josh. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Michele Patterson said...

So sorry you had to go through that again. Loss is loss no matter when it happens. Praying for you guys as you navigate things from here. :)