Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glad I Don't Stip for a Living!

Wallpaper/Borders that is (AND I better clarify the "other" stripping either! ).....come on get your head out of the gutter. Well call it being stuck inside or being home a lot I FINALLY took off the border in our dining room today! I've hated it from the time we looked at the house 5 1/2 yrs ago but our energy and time was spent stripping the front two rooms, our bedroom then when I got pregnant with Avery we did the nursery, hallway, the border in our kitchen and then Avery's big girl room (all with help - except I did strip the hallway by myself but I have NO clue how to put up wallpaper)! I'm not against wallpaper just a pain to strip it off! But it's done, well the off part is done. Can I get an AMEN?!


The whole entire house was done Victorian style and that is SO not me. Here is the border...yuk!


Julia and I took down the border in Avery's big girl room and were lucky enough to have the wallpaper that was underneath the border come all the way to the top so I didn't have to put up another border AND lucky that her wallpaper was something I didn't mind....it's this wallpaper too. However the 1st wall I did I was thinking yea I'm not going to have to put up a border but things quickly changed after I got to the 2nd wall :( Then the 3rd wall some of actual wallpaper came off. So now I will need to decide to get a new border, take down this wallpaper and paint. If the dining room had this wallpaper on the walls below the rail it would be a no brainer to just put up a new border but it has tiny flower wallpaper so I may have to leave as is for now! I'd really like to have all the wallpaper OFF and paint but Josh said the one wall has some issues and paint won't hide the flaws (isn't that what furniture is for to hide stuff? - it's too low or I'd hang a picture over it ;) It may take another 5 1/2 yrs to munster up the energy to take all the wallpaper off and re-wallpaper with some I love.....OR just keep living with the tiny flower print, put a new border up and CALL.IT.DONE! ;)


The bottom half of the dining room walls. It's not bad but not my taste but after "living with it for 5 1/2 yrs" it doesn't bother me NEAR like the border did!


Avery did so good at entertaining herself, my mom stopped in for a bit, then Avery was packing for vacation and wanted me to take a picture with all the stuff she packed :)

1 comment:

Janna and Randy said...

haha strippin momma - yes it was time the border was gone! Can't wait to see what you decide to do and see the finished product! I have no doubt it will turn out as beautiful as the rest of the house has!