Sunday, September 14, 2008

5,6 Pick Up Sticks!!!

It was a beautiful day but I noticed it was windy all day. Then about 5ish till 9ish we had a horrible wind storm thanks to the effects of IKE! I don't know what the gusts were 50-60mph I think the radio said. We were one of the lucky ones that didn't lose power only cable and internet the next day till 7:30 pm and our house and barn/garage stayed intact! The radio is saying it could be days before the power is restored to everyone.......brings back memories of the ice storm but w/o the ice and cold.


My mums ended up in the driveway and almost everything our porch was blown over.


Seriously look how pretty the sky was during this wind storm



This is our neighbors tree and Josh had just moved his car for him with 15 seconds to spare before a large branch came crashing down!




This is another large limb that fell on our neighbors van


The Village and Josh doing clean up the next day


Our little helper. She had so much fun picking up sticks :) I know in a few years she'll won't think it's so much fun.



I'm so sad the dumb wind took out our tulip tree





What a mess!

No comments: